OUR MISSION: Institutionalize a knowledge sector in the West Virginia economy.
Facilitate the institutionalization of a “knowledge” sector in West Virginia that substantively provides a sustained positive contribution to the state’s economy.
OUR STRATEGY: Pursue a strategy called the Federal Anchor Model focused on the recruitment of Federal operations with the following characteristics:
- Operational emphasis on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)-related efforts.
- Operations involve a substantial amount of annual contracting opportunities for the business community.
For 25 years, the High Technology Foundation has been committed to building a stronger West Virginia. The single biggest obstacle to a stronger West Virginia is the state’s lack of economic diversity. Therefore, the High Technology Foundation’s mission is dedicated to facilitating economic diversification.
A fundamental principle of the High Technology Foundation’s economic diversification approach is the emphasis on the institutionalization of a new economic sector in the state that facilitates key structural objectives.
- It allows the state economy to participate competitively and sustainably in the largest segments of the national economy.
- It enables greater participation by West Virginia citizens with a higher educational attainment – especially those in STEM.
- It serves to attract the nation’s investment community by fostering an entrepreneurial culture and expanding the state’s innovation capacity.
- It lends itself to the growth of an “ecosystem” of large, medium, small and start-up companies that allows the efficient expansion and operation of a competitive business environment based upon capitalistic principles.